Monday, September 5, 2005

What is it???

Where did I go? Where was I? Where am I right now? Is that person I see everyday in the mirror...me? That girl who's walking beside me on the window panes of these shops on the road...is she really me?
I can't seem to recognize her...I can't seem to recognize myself. Things have changed, ideas have changed, thoughts have changed, perspectives have changed, ideologies have changed...how? When? I didn't even realize.
It's weird how you change without even realizing it. I'm doing my PG now, from an institute which is supposed to be the most prestigious one in India, maybe even south Asia, but it just doesn't make me feel anything. I mean, I remember how I was back in college...all full of life...the will to do my best...putting my all into everything...working my 'butt off' (excuse the phrase, but I couldn't think of anything else that would be appropriate)...taking challenges head on and conquering over them like they're that eye-ball that Uma Thurman stomps over *phachak* !!! But since when did I concede to mediocrity? Since when did I lose my drive to give the best of my abilities and to push the limit? I seriously don't know.
Is this what life does to a person, or is this my escapist quality taking over the steering wheel again? Or is it simply that for the first time in my life I've been forced to live out of my comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment